Buying a home, Home Burglary, Home security, Home Security for the holidays, Home security systems, Jacksonville FL Real Estate, Protecting your home from burglars, Protecting your valuables, real estate, Security for your home
Some very interesting info on how to protect your home from burglars, courtesy of the Washington Post. You might be surprised at the stats.
Some interesting facts:
* Most burglaries occur between 10AM and 3PM.
* The typical house burglar is a male teenager who lives within a couple of miles of your home.
* Burglars spend on an average between 8 and 12 minutes inside your home.
Not only did the graphic detail the most common entry points for a burglar, but it also offered these helpful tips for protecting your home:
* A home with a security system is 3 times less likely to be broken into than a home without a security system. (Even if you don’t have one, buying the stickers for them can deter an amateur.)
* Consider alternatives to the master bedroom for hiding valuables. It’s the first place most burglars go.
* Burglars want to spend fewer than 60 seconds breaking in. Anything you can do to lengthen that time will increase the likelihood they’ll pass on your house.
* The appearance of an unoccupied home is what typically attracts burglars. Not bringing the garbage cans back up a few days after trash day can be a big sign you’re not around.
For a detailed look at the infographic, visit the Washington Post site here:
Protect your home and your valuables! Common sense is often enough to keep you from becoming a victim. And remember: Keep an inventory of your possessions for insurance purposes.
Quality of your neighborhood got you nervous? Contact us! Kevin and Jennifer Hanley, REALTORS, Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Partners Southside, http://www.HanleyHomeTeam.com