Buying a home, FL, handy tips, home safety, homes for sale in Jacksonville FL, Jacksonville, Jacksonville FL Real Estate, low interest rates, Moving to a new city, real estate, relocation, schools, Selling a home, summer safety tips, travel safety
Before you leave town, we thought you might be interested in a few precautionary safety tips to keep your home and your possessions safe while you’re gone. Often in the run-up to a vacation, people neglect to take simple steps to protect themselves from becoming a victim of theft or vandalism.
You’ve probably covered your bases, but just in case, here are 10 basic precautions you can take:
1. Have someone collect your mail and newspaper daily.
2. Leave shades and blinds in normal positions.
3. Put at least two lights and a radio on automatic timers.
4. Have someone leave trash at your curb on garbage collection day.
5. Have someone park a car in your driveway occasionally. If you leave your car outside, arrange to have it moved every so often.
6. Leave a key with a trusted neighbor in case of an emergency. Let the neighbor know where you are going and when you are expect to return, also leave them a way to get in contact with you in case of an emergency.
7. Lock all windows and doors before you go. Do not forget to double-check basement and garage doors.
8. On extended trips have someone to maintain your landscaping, (grass mowed, leaves raked, etc.)
9. Consider turning off your home’s water main to prevent damage from a burst pipe.
10. Be careful how much you check-in on social media while on vacation. If your privacy settings are incorrect you might reveal to strangers your home is vacant!
Be safe and have a HAPPY AND FUN SUMMER! When you return, let’s talk about your real estate needs before the kids go back to school. Kevin and Jennifer Hanley, REALTORS http://www.HanleyHomeTeam.com Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Partners Southside 904-422-7626